FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great experience so far as US Gold
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:30 pm
off2rome

Great experience so far as US Gold

Listen, we all know that flying is not what it used to be and that airlines could certainly do a better job managing their FF programs, but I wanted to relay my personal experience and my kudos to US Airways:

I decided to pay to upgrade my status from silver to Gold preferred at the beginning of 2012- being a business owner I justified the expense and paid through my company- effectively using pre-tax dollars!

So far my experience has been great-

1) Gold phone number answered quickly and staff always efficent and helpful
2) Had to fly United because of non-stop flights- received all of my * alliance benefits and bonus miles
3) In the past I would fly SWA a lot but they are no longer a discount airline- instead I used US PHX-SAN and found myself in a first class reclining envoy seat with footrest- lucky I know but what a difference over SWA cattle call !!!
3) Went to Cabo and upgrade available both ways - including two additional upgrades available on return for my companions
4) Award availability looks decent

So anyway I am happy so far, which I know can be a rare things on these boards, one question:

When deciding which level to buy up to I chose Gold because I couldn't notice a big difference between Gold and Platnum on the "benefits" chart. Any thoughts or similar comparisons?

Thanks for reading