FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:30 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Well, I'll take a few guesses...

1) Back in 1981, how many jet aircraft did Alaska Airlines operate in their fleet?

7) Back in the late summer of 1994, what airline flew nonstop between Santo Domingo (SDQ) and Miami (MIA) with Lockheed L-1011 equipment?

I don't think BWIA ever flew into SD, so let's go with Faucett

8) Also back in the late summer of 1994, if you wanted to travel direct with no change of plane from Omaha (OMA) to Acapulco (ACA), what airline would you fly on? Also name the aircraft type this airline operated on this routing.

I'll go with Continental via Houston using a 737-300/500

9) And once again back in the late summer of 1994, name the only airline that flew nonstop jet service between San Diego (SAN) and Tucson (TUS). Also name the aircraft type operated on the route.

TWA had a few odd routes. I'll pick them
Once again, our man in Alaska leaps into action!

However, unfortunately, none of those answers are correct!

So I'll let them sit out there for awhile longer in case you would like to try again or if someone else cares to respond...

BTW, just had two (2) U.S. Navy F/A-18 "Hornet" strike fighters going roaring out of ARA right by my office on takeoff. Always great to see (and hear) those guys!