FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hartman Quarterly: "KLM Strengthening Its Joint Venture With Kenya Airways"?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:28 am
KQ321

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by NB00
NBO is a well-known hub with 2 flights a day (KLM and KQ) - and the KQ flight (arriving in the morning) gives excellent connections to many other places within Africa. Maybe they want to improve upon those from/to NBO. But KLM and KQ service the same African countries so perhaps they are also talking about improving connections beyond Nairobi. Just a guess.
The article says 'improving connections between the Amsterdam and Nairobi hubs', which I would interpret as meaning increasing frequency/capacity on the AMS-NBO and vv route, or adjusting timings to give better connections at one end or the other. However, I can't see any evidence of any of these things being planned. So, I am not quite sure what is meant by it.

Originally Posted by Milkman
Doesnt KQ operate with 772 to AMS? That is what I am booked on when travelling from NBO to AMS by the end of July (and which I flew about a year ago as well on the same route).
Actually, it varies. At the moment, the timetable shows 772 in the summer months, and 763 in the autumn. However, I get the impression that KQ will actually change aircraft type more often than this (often at short notice) depending on aircraft availability and passenger numbers. In general, I prefer the 772, as it has better IFE, and I think slightly better seats in Y. However, the 2+3+2 seating in Y on the 763 can be preferable to the 3+3+3 in Y on the 772.