FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:32 am
Kat007

Originally Posted by romadaro
I learned a long time ago to let sleeping dogs lie when it comes to these things, particularly when it involves airline and hotel promotions. I've made calls on two occasions that I can remember, one involving Chase, where I was approved for a card, got the promotional points and then the call attracted someone's attention and the points were reversed and I got a nice letter afterward acknowledging the error. Unfortunately, in the Chase instance there wasn't much I could have done because it occurred when I called to activate the card-not to complain or question something. I always hope that I'll get an automated activation response when I call, but it's almost as if Chase directs the call to a human being so that they can take a look at the account and make sure that everything's in order.

But, as far as the Lounge Club card goes, unless you do a lot of international travel, the card is almost useless. My wife and I both have cards that are courtesy memberships through Merrill Lynch and I've used it once this year-at the Alaska Airlines Club in Seattle. Although I've flown internationally, since I'm Star Alliance Gold with United I get free access into any Star Gold lounge, which is usually more convenient. Just take a lok at their website for a list of lounges and I think you'll be disappointed at the locations.
The lounge list has two airports I need, but again, I look positively: with a long layover, it`s a chance to get out of an airport and explore something.

Got a call this morning from one of the people who promised to call within 48 hours with the result, but he just put me through some other (security or fraud) guy who said "sorry, I don`t have any details" So that guy (a manager of some sort) though he completed the obligation by sending me to another one with "don`t know" answer.
I`m about to give up.