FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:12 am
romadaro

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Kat007
Don`t know what`s going on with Chase. Got approved on 6/21, then called today and they said it was closed because the mother`s maiden name doesn`t match in their system. Then I called another line, they said the account is fine. Then called again to speed up the lounge card, and again-"the account has beet closed, we tried to call you", nobody did. So how did they messed up my mother`s maiden name-have no idea, but I`m on the phone again trying to find out...So far, I`ve been pretty happy with Chase (sometimes too happy), but not so today.

After a long wait on the phone, a manager could not find the reason why an adviser decided to close my account, but promised to call me after he finds out. This Ritz Carlton card has been a nightmare so far.
I learned a long time ago to let sleeping dogs lie when it comes to these things, particularly when it involves airline and hotel promotions. I've made calls on two occasions that I can remember, one involving Chase, where I was approved for a card, got the promotional points and then the call attracted someone's attention and the points were reversed and I got a nice letter afterward acknowledging the error. Unfortunately, in the Chase instance there wasn't much I could have done because it occurred when I called to activate the card-not to complain or question something. I always hope that I'll get an automated activation response when I call, but it's almost as if Chase directs the call to a human being so that they can take a look at the account and make sure that everything's in order.

But, as far as the Lounge Club card goes, unless you do a lot of international travel, the card is almost useless. My wife and I both have cards that are courtesy memberships through Merrill Lynch and I've used it once this year-at the Alaska Airlines Club in Seattle. Although I've flown internationally, since I'm Star Alliance Gold with United I get free access into any Star Gold lounge, which is usually more convenient. Just take a lok at their website for a list of lounges and I think you'll be disappointed at the locations.