FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:18 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saacman5033
I don't think either scenario should be a problem. While Chase may prevent getting the bonus repeatedly for the exact same card, I have never heard of them denying bonus miles for the first time getting a UNIQUE card. For example, there have been a couple of different UA cards from Chase and an individual could get the bonus for each unique card type at least once. Also, the Ink Bold card allowed individuals to get bonuses for both their old version and their new version.
The T&Cs specifically said Marriott Reward Cardholders are not eligible for this bonus (I dont remember the exact words but you can read them in the T&C section.)

Originally Posted by romadaro
Well, I have the Marriott Rewards Premier card and applied for this card 6 days ago and it appears that I was approved since the status has been changed to GOLD on my Ritz Carlton account, even though I'm lifetime Platinum in the Marriott program. Not complaining, though, since they probably don't comp to Platinum. I will wait and see if I receive the 70K points. Doesn't do any good to call since I've been told by an agent before that I would receive the points and didn't. Even if I don't get the points I won't be disappointed because there are enough other benefits to make having the card worth it-especially since it's free!
Exactly my point. Calling means nothing because CSR only knows what offer the application is attached to. Awarding the bonus is a back office function totally inaccessible by the front line CSRs. But if you haven't gotten and then inquire about why, the CSRs can then dig up the reason(s) Why - and you would be told what bonuses you have gotten on when, therefore you are not eligible on this one...