FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever met other FT users while doiing MRs?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:16 pm
MegatopLover

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend 2007, there were nearly a dozen of us on UA SYD-SFO flying the CNZ Jumbo. Several of us had flown in together at the start of the weekend too-- not coordinated, just coincidence.

Monday of Thanksgiving weekend 2009, a fellow FTer and I flew TG DPS-BKK on the return leg of the DL JFK-DPS Jumbo. We saw a little boy of maybe 10 in Royal Silk with his dad. When we boarded AF BKK-CDG, we saw the same two pax and thought, hmmm, not many people would take a TG-AF connection to get from DPS to CDG in C. When we boarded the morning flight to New York, and they were seated in front of us, it was clear. "Are you on FT?" "Yes. Screenname?" "MegatopLover, and this is ecaarch. You were in Bali with us this morning." "Yes, and this is my son. And over there's my wife and our daughter." Then the boy whips out a little notebook journal with his drawings of planes and comments like "BA F Rocks!" An FTer in the making.