FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should BA have buy on board short haul flights?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:48 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by rossmacd
No. If you want food, fly in CE (In the case of UK Dom flights, eat before or after as the sectors are so short that no one can get hungry on the flight).

Or eat in the lounge (albeit the varying food selection across the shorthaul lounge network).
That assumes of course you are on an O&D and are not taking two shorthaul sectors back to back. I had a particularly nasty connection from Italy where the only options in the airport were snacks (the only restaurant was landside)... a short connection at LGW where we didn't have time to eat due to a late departure on the first flight and a late evening arrival into EDI meant we hadn't eaten anything beyond a couple of packets of crisps and the measly morsel given by BA on board.

It's a bit dangerous to tell people what they should be able to do. All very well making those assumption for yourself, but your travel patterns don't always apply to others.

I think the issue I have is that BA still claim to be a full service airline, while cutting everything to the nth degree - which for those on board depending on the service provided is frankly pants. While I don't like airlines which make you pay in a captive environment, I'm at the point where BA's short-haul offering has become so poor, if the only way to get food on board to eat when I'm hungry and don't have time to eat at the airport then I'd prefer to pay than starve.

But it is a sad indictment that a supposedly 'full service' airline isn't actually that anymore, such that their passengers would prefer to pay than suffer the 'full' service.