FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:44 am
Frequent Miler

I can take 3 or 4 (in a pinch). My wife has university parking which I'll use

Originally Posted by GrizShel
I was looking at hotel rates for our weekend and noticed that the Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus has a $64 rate where they give you a $25 Visa gift card bringing the effective rate to about $40; works for either Friday or Saturday night for those looking for a good deal in the DTW area.

Also, for those that aren't familiar with the Art Fair before that traffic can be quite congested with the fair crowds and numerous closed off streets.

For out of town attendees the cluster of hotels near the Briarwood Mall is one convenient area to stay in. There is a convenient shuttle between Briarwood Mall and the downtown area where the Art Fair and the Panera location for breakfast/lunch, the Library, and the Original Cottage Inn are. Info is in the brochure for AAAF:
http://www.visitannarbor.org/pdf/2012.ArtFairBroch.pdf

However, I noticed that the brochure says that the shuttle bus service will shut down around 7 PM on Saturday meaning those who plan to take the shuttle to the Fair and Do Events will need a ride back to the mall after dinner. Would any of you that might be driving to the Saturday night dinner be able to take folks back to Briarwood after dinner? I'll leave it to more informed Ann Arbor locals to advise as to where parking is likely to be available for the dinner. There is also some info on parking lots in the above cited brochure.