FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:48 pm
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
The Dip has its own sports bar over at the Landing, and there are a couple of bars at the Crowne Plaza across the street. I think the only "bar" at the main hotel is the lobby bar (unless someone knows of another).

We went to an old-fashioned Italian restaurant that was across the bridge (should be walking distance but we had a car), but I can't say I'd "recommend" it...it was good in a throwback sort of way. There was also a Cuban restaurant in the same strip mall. Go south from the hotel and take a right over the big bridge. Padrino's is the name of the Cuban place, can't recall the Italian - they will be on the south side of the street. (The Italian restaurant is called Nando, and the big bridge is Hallandale Beach Blvd).

Further north from the hotel is the Broadwalk, where there are more restaurants. I'm not sure how far...again we drove...but I think you can take the Trolley there. We also ate at a place called Giorgio's which I think you can get to by the water taxi.

You really should look up the Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale water taxi and the Hollywood Trolley, good ways to get around if you don't have a car.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jun 23, 2012 at 10:24 am