FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hidden Benefits of Asiana Airlines Diamond Plus?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:43 am
A_Lee

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Just another datapoint about the F checkin and lounge at ICN. I arrived today at about 18:00 and the F checkin was a mess, with maybe 15 people. The C queue only had 4 people. In the F lounge it was busier than normal, and only one shower open, which I used, leaving none available, and all the seats in the dining area taken.

However, at the F checkin was a famous Korean actor, Ahn Sung Ki, along with his entourage, and even a camera crew interviewing him. He was also in the F lounge with his entourage, and just departed on the LAX flight. Seems he's going to have his hands and feet imprinted at Grauman's Chinese Theatre tomorrow. Without him the F checkin would have been much more reasonable, but still at dinner time the dining area can get maximum use even though I don't think this was a particularly busy travel day. Being I believe all flights with F already left, everyone here I presume were Platinum or Diamond Plus.

Edit: Correction, I just had a look at the monitors, and OZ 202, the flight to LAX with F, departed 3.5 hours late at 20:01 rather than the scheduled 16:30. So this was a bit of an unusual case today, with all the F passengers from that flight, along with any Plats or D+'s on that flight, combined with the usual Plats and D+'s going on the evening flights where there is no F.

Last edited by A_Lee; Jun 22, 2012 at 5:08 am