FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Flying Part 2: Pacific Coastal Airlines, Westjet and Comox
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:52 pm
Carfield

Approaching Campbell River

We landed at R/W30 at Campbell River at 12:20pm, and taxied towards the terminal building shortly after. Once again Darren is in charge of opening the cabin door and informing passengers whether they could deplane. I am sure that you can use the facilities at the airport if you want to.

Campbell River Terminal Building

Both the cockpit crews – Captain Dale and First Officer Darren – were busy helping out with the unloading in the cargo hold during the short fifteen minutes layover. There were lots of Federal Express packages this afternoon.

First Officer supervising the process

Central Mountain Air B-1900C here too

Boarding resumed again at 12:35pm and eight passengers joined us at Campbell River, and they were all heading to Vancouver. Boarding took two minutes, and door was closed at 12:37pm. We took off from R/W12 at 12:42pm for the short seven minutes flight. I doubt we climbed anything above 3000 feet.

Goodbye Campbell River

The route took us inland and then out towards the Bay, before landing at R/W18 from the Bay.

Lovely scenery and nice beaches along the way
Comox Valley Airport

Final approach (Darren made an announcement at 12:47pm)

We landed on R/W18 at 12:49pm and parked at Gate 2 two minutes later. Deplaning was quick with three passengers. Nobody bothered me about the picture taking

Goodbye C-FPCO

Lovely YQQ sign at the arrival area