FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:32 am
realjd

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by matthewf
Really, how much worse are feet than hands anyways.
Seriously. Floors are dirty as in dirt but not dirty as in germs. People don't sneeze, cough, pick their nose, or use the bathroom with their feet. While I agree it's impolite to do things like use AVOD with your feet or put them up on a table in a public place, I don't necessarily understand the gross-out foot hangups that some people here have. But I'm also not the kind of person to wipe down shopping cart handles or AVOD controllers with sanitary wipes like I often see people do. One of my coworkers even wipes down everything in a new hotel room, including phone handles and remote controls. I make sure to wash my hands after using the restroom and before eating, but I figure a few extra germs here or there is good for my immune system. We don't want those white blood cells getting complacent and lazy now.

Not that I don't have my own hangups of course! People performing personal grooming in public places I consider to the worst offenses. I don't need to see you flossing in a public bathroom, or clipping your finger or toe nails. Or smelly food on an airplane. I'd much rather have a guy with his bare feet up than a guy eating something strong smelling sitting next to me. Yuck!