FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade ops DBX GLA
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:08 am
rookiepro

Upgrade ops DBX GLA

Hi all, new to here so if this post belongs in the newbiebthread then feel free to move it there- don't know how often the regulars check in there so may as well put it out first off!

Anyways I'm at the tail end of a world tour, been on the road for a year and heading home in August, my Dad's a FF with EQ and SQ but he's a bit clueless when it comes to Skyward etc. so thought I'd get some expert advice (I've been a bit of a lurker on here for aircraft/route reviews in the past)

So I'll be heading from MEL-SIN with SQ or EK, and from BKK-DXB-GLA with EK. Ive just realised the potential of all the Jet and Kingfisher flights I took in India to up my Skyward miles (currently blue) so will probably have around 12000 by the time I get to BKK. The thing is, on my return I'll have been in DXB from 00.30-07.50 and arriving GLA 12.35.. Now with family and friend catch ups and a full weekend ahead, I would really like to do the DXB-GLA leg in a lie-flat.. Given that I won't have the requisite miles for u/g, what are my next options- insofar as buying miles at check in, on board etc. From what I read on here I also gather it's worth asking, is the morning flight to GLA usually a heavy load? With many elite? Chances of opup for blue at DXB?

Truth be told when I comes to it, I'll probably end up paying if that's the last straw, but best to be equipped with the advice of you fine characters first off

Also, any hope in trying for a transfer of dad's miles? (unsure if he's even registered with skyward :s)

Thanks and hello