FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the New Rewards Digital Membership Card
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:12 am
djohannw

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
on Marriott’s free iPhone, Android, and Blackberry apps, in English, French, German, Spanish or Chinese
At least for German I can say that quite a few "translations" have nothing to do with German, not even remotely. "Signing in with your saved credentials" e.g. simply does NOT translate into "Signing Sie sich mit Zugangsdaten gespeichert". Also please remove those disturbing typos like "Strornieren" - again your best bet is to translate "cancel" with the correct "Abbrechen".

I understand that a professional translation is something that can cost a few bucks more vs. of have this done by an automatic translation program, yet I guess the ill-will of customers speaking the respective language as their native language created by these mistakes will outweigh that cost substantially. Especially Marriott with such a large base of employees and customers speaking a wide range of languages as their native language should have no problems to find someone to do this translation in a acceptable way for a reasonable cost...

Greetings - Dirk