FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A New Low for me in UA service
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:28 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Mike -

What have your personal experiences been like on UA?

I have never experienced anything like this (although I have had some problems).

The general rule of 'people with negative experiences are more vocal than satisfied customers' definitely holds true on FT.:.
While pmUA was far from perfect, my post-merger experiences have included a number of disappointing phone and online interactions that I never had before, including IRROPs that took hours to sort out and that resulted in a 24-hour delay in my travel. Similar IRROPs in the past with UA and currently with AA have been resolved much more quickly and effectively.

The fact that people complain more than praise service is a given. The reality is that there is a lot more to complain and be concerned about now.

Originally Posted by Bow Rider
Jeez, LarkSFO, you sound so reasonable, then you call out a "general rule", ???

The OP couldn't have written a more reasonable and clear description of a real failure of good service, from changing his flight without notice to just shutting him down when he had good options available.

That's your idea of whining? I don't get it. Are you complaining that FTers don't sufficiently report their successful flights from IAD-ORD, for example?
+1