FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways now adds a "convenience" fee!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:58 pm
indialogue

Programs: 9W Silver
Originally Posted by Yaatri
my personal opinion is that people who go to court thinking it`s illegal for an airline to institue a fee, should be slapped with a fine.:-P
And my personal opinion is that you need to read what I said more carefully. I first started off by asking if there wasn't "soft regulation of fares". Then, since the web booking page does not mention anything about what convenience they're charging for, in the light of the supposed "soft regulation of fares", I questioned if there wasn't a case to take them to consumer court and make them spell out what they're charging for. Still with me?

Since you questioned whether I knew what is or is not a matter of law, let me say it clearly here so there is no ambiguity, transparency in pricing is, or should be, a matter of law. Considering that India still does not have Truth in Lending, expecting the airline industry to expose everything here, might be expecting too much. But guess what, expect I will. Quixotic as that might be

And p.s. - kudos for digging out the post from JetAirways but posting on a forum read by, oh 200-odd people at most, is not transparency