FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:33 pm
LovetoTravel83

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
A timely update; thank you! I am due to check in this coming Friday for a two-night weekend stay.
I'm checking out this Friday, hopefully you can get a nice room.

Can you elaborate on the views from the North and South sides? Both have a view of the water/beach, right? Or, is one side's views obstructed by buildings?

The south side is obstructed by a small building, It actually annoyed me, when I checked in I remember I saw a view from one of the rooms on tripadvisor, so I went to the site and it turns out that the view over the north side is way better so I requested for the change. Even at night the view is better. They both have views of the beach but the north has more beach to it and you can see the building further north as well. If you want a nice view, then get a room on the north side on the highest floor possible.

Do you know if the Studios are considered the standard upgrade for Platinums? Or, were the standard Suites not available so you didn't get one?
The Studios are the standard upgrades for Plats, I was going to use some SNA's but it turned out the only thing I could use it is for the Studio which is only 75 sqf bigger than the smallest room (not worth using 5 SNA's). The only differance is the kitchenette, and that they are the closest room to the beach.

Don't put anything in the freezer (I thought it was a 2nd fridge), there are 2 drawers, the one on the top is the minibar-fridge and the bottom is the freezer, I brought some drinks with me and put them in the freezer, Everything exploeded while I was sleeping.