FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:37 pm
Fly Me To The Moon

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Currently staying at the hotel. There are two sides of the hotel, the north and the south. The north side are rooms that end with an odd number, and the south are the ones that end with even numbers.

I was upgraded to a studio on the 20th floor on the south side, asked which was better and was told that the south is better because itgets more sun. Didn't like it really, the view was ok but the north side was better, I switched on the 2nd day to the north side on the 21st floor and the views are way better than the south side. I didn't enjoy the south as much as the north.

Had breakfast at Atlantico using my amenity, it was only continental but can be upgraded to full for 20.32 USD per person (icluding taxes and service charges) not worth it when there are only 3 or 4 hot items. Was told that I can only take from the cold items as I said before it's like having someone on your shoulder saying "no, yes, no, yes".

The room is spacious, all of the studios I believe end in 3's and 4's, the 2's and 1's are big suites as they have two balconies. Other higher numbers are regular rooms, the hight the number the further you go away down the back.

Had difficulty sleeping at night since you can't get the A/C lower than 18.5 C (65 F), it goes to auto mode automatically so you will have periods when there is no air in the room while sleeping.
A timely update; thank you! I am due to check in this coming Friday for a two-night weekend stay.

Can you elaborate on the views from the North and South sides? Both have a view of the water/beach, right? Or, is one side's views obstructed by buildings?

Do you know if the Studios are considered the standard upgrade for Platinums? Or, were the standard Suites not available so you didn't get one?

Last edited by Fly Me To The Moon; Jun 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm