FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue cancelled our kids flights without telling us
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:32 pm
xxPaulCPxx

JetBlue cancelled our kids flights without telling us

Holy Effin Crud!

I just got back from a business trip to Chicago from Long Beach. As we were departing the plane, the pilot let the passengers know that JetBlue was cancelling this route. This was the first I had heard of this!

We are going to Israel in 3 weeks, and our kids, 11 and 9 y.o., are heading out to stay with their grandparents. We were planning on putting them on a Jetblue flight - their first time travelling alone - and having their grandparents pick them up at the airport.

My wife booked the flight using miles, and paid the $400 unaccompanied minor fee ($100 per kid each leg) on credit card.

When we called up Jet Blue, to check the status of the flight, at first the person on the phone thought everything was all right - SHE didn't even realize our flight was cancelled when she pulled up out reservation. Well, she finally saw that our flight was cancelled. And that was all.

Apparently, that has sent a message saying their flight had been canceled to my email, not my wife who booked it. Coincidentally I was getting travel booked though my company on a different JetBlue flight for a different time. You want to guess how they titled an email telling me my kids flight was canceled?
"Important information about your upcoming JetBlue flight"
I didn't open it as I thought they were spamming me about some service they were offering for the flight that was just booked. You know the message:
SUBJECT: "Important information about your upcoming JetBlue flight"
or
MESSAGE: "Getting to the airport 90 minutes before your flight can..."

Only today did I read that the flight was "discontinued"
We want to inform you of a change to your upcoming JetBlue flight. Due to changes to our scheduled routes, we will be discontinuing non-stop service between Long Beach, CA (Long Beach Airport - LGB) and Chicago, IL (O’Hare International Airport – ORD) effective June 21, 2012. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause.
As a gesture of apology and goodwill we have issued you a $100 service credit per affected LGB/ORD flight. You will receive an email within two weeks regarding your service credit. If you do not receive an email with the details of your credit, please call us at 1-800-JETBLUE and have your confirmation number available in order to get information on how to use your credit.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss re-accommodation options. Below are a few of our options that you may want to consider:

Moving to a connecting JetBlue flight through Boston Logan Airport (BOS) or New York’s John F Kennedy Airport (JFK) to either Long Beach (LGB) or Chicago O’Hare International (ORD) Airports
Cancelling your JetBlue flight(s) and receive a JetBlue service credit for the value of your reservation
Cancelling your JetBlue flight(s) for a full refund to the original form of payment
Apparently, they sent messages to my kids email addresses (needed for TrueBlue points, even though they don't use them)... the only reason I got it is I must have left my email in there instead of their own when entering their TrueBlue account information. The email was not addressed to me, it was addressed to my 11yo daughter.

Jet Blue has not refunded my wife back her points, nor have they paid her back the $400 she spent on the kid fee.

So just to sum up:
JetBlue cancelled two children's reservations without notifying their parents. JetBlue did not refund the miles spent on the flight to my wife. JetBlue did not refund the $400 fee we paid either.

I've flown JetBlue for years, for business and personal. I can't believe we were treated this way. I'll post more here when I know more.