FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington D.C. which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Jun 10, 2012, 8:46 am
nonesuch flyer

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by znke252
Looking for a reasonably priced hotel that has larger sized standard rooms. Of the following, which one would be more convenient for getting to the popular tourist sites?

Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

I have stayed at all of these. I found the Westin Georgetown to be the nicest in terms of the room, the facilities and the general area. I like it that there are a number of restaurants, coffee shop etc in the immediate area around this hotel. It also is in a little quiter area.

The Westin DC center I would rate next in order. My rooms have always been quite as they face into an internal closed attrium.

The 4 points has a definite Econo lodge type vibe. I also thought it was noisier in terms of sireens etc outside on the street. Some times it has a significantly lower price that the other two but not always.

I agree with the previous poster that the rooms in the Westin's have odd shapes but I have always got a larger than average room.

I like the Georgetown location. In DC I always use the Metro to get around so I just look at how close the hotel is to a metro location.