FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Razor
Thread: Travel Razor
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2012, 3:54 am
tfar

What is it that you like about that particular razor? Shape, size, weight, handling?

My point is that the space and weight saving potential on a wet razor is VERY minimal in the absolute. Whether you carry one or two ounces more or less, you won't notice. But you will notice when you cut yourself or get a bad shave.

This is why I usually recommend, as a man to women, to use a man's razor. Why? The blades are often cheaper AND of better quality (better cut and longer lasting). Because there is less plastic around them (compared to Gillette Venus for example), small areas can be shaved better and safely so. Replacement blades are also often even easier to get.

Every single lady I have advised to do so thanked me profusely for that tip, which makes me just the happier. None went back to a lady's razor, as far as I can tell.

So unless there was something that you really, really liked about that particular razor, I wouldn't worry about it. Just get a good men's razor and use it at home and while traveling. The added advantage is that you don't need to get used to a different razor and a different way of shaving. Also, you can buy blades in larger quantities because you only need to be a single kind. That makes things cheaper again.

What I don't cease to recommend is the Schick Quattro Titanium. You can look it up on the Travel Razor post in the Travel Products section of the forum. Fantastic shave. Around $2 per blade. But, contrary to the G. Fusion where I got maybe 10 shaves out of one blade ($2.50 or more), I get 25-30 shaves out of a Schick QT. The included trimmer on the razor is great to trim body hair or side burns.

Finally, who doesn't like shaving with a QT?

Till

P.S. I have had that shaver you posted. Close to useless.