FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help - Returning back to CDG after Paris Layover
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:49 pm
Mountain Trader

Originally Posted by twinstar633
Hi, I would like some help on how I return back to CDG after a Paris layover.

I will be departing from Zurich, connecting to Paris, for a departure flight back to US. Checking my flight, I believe this flight will depart from Terminal 2F. I have around 11 hours layover in Paris.

Here is what I plan to do:
1. From Zurich, I believe I should have the boarding pass for the Paris-US leg
2. I also believe my big luggage would be checked all the way through
3. I plan to leave a small carry-on luggage in the left luggage facility at the airport.. Based on my research, this will be at CDG Terminal 2 RER/TGV station level. So after leaving the carry on luggage, I will take the RER train to the city and do some shopping!
4. In the late afternoon, I plan to take the RoissyBus back to CDG

Here are my questions: -
Upon my arrival back at CDG after the layover, what is the order by which I should do the following:
* Should I pick up my left luggage at the RER CDG station? The left luggage is simply a handcarry that I will bring to the flight.
* Process the Detaxe / Tax Refund, or
* Go through passport control * or

If there is something wrong with my assumption, will appreciate if you can provide information. Other advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
To answer your question in the most narrow way, the order of your steps will be the order you stated them:

-Pick up left luggage.
-Go thru Detaxe review.
-Go thru Passport Control.

Thus if the items you are claiming detaxe on are in the left luggage, you will have them with you for inspection if asked.

Each of your assumptions is important and they are not itmes I have any advice on.

One question-you're going back to CDG in late afternoon. What time is your flight tom the USA? I am unaware of an evening flight to the US but if there is one, I'd love to learn about it.