FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Best Price guarantee
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:12 am
JohnMI
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Originally Posted by jgoggan
What do they do as far as the wording not being "exact" between rooms. For example, I found a site that has a room for significantly less than Radisson.com does. It just lists it as a "standard room with a king bed". Radisson's own system doesn't list them that way -- what would be the same is what they would call "Guest Room-High Speed Net-Sleep Number Bed" (where you then have a choice of a King or 2 doubles), I think.

Do BPGs like that tend to go through? Or is Radisson likely to deny me and argue that a "Standard room with a king bed" is not the same as their "Guest room with a king Sleep number bed"?

I submitted yesterday -- still waiting for a response. Just curious of other's experiences/thoughts. Thanks!

- John...
Just to follow up on this, my BPG request was GRANTED for this without any hassle. Quite a savings too! It is a 2-night stay that would have been $228 before taxes ($109 for the first night and $119 for the second night). I found it elsewhere at BookingDotCom (via Kayak) for only $151. They accepted it and subtracted the 25% -- so I got the 2 nights that would have been $228 for only ~$113. Half price! Sweet.

It only worked because I was doing TWO nights. If I tried either of those nights as a single night at the same site, it didn't beat Radisson's price.

- John...