FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30 euro extra if you pay with Flying Blue AMEX
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:08 am
rwSEA

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
There's still the option of using Airfrance.ie and avoiding credit card fees. I suggest this, as I not only avoided the CC fee and booking fee, but the fare was €30 less than KLM's own site as well. As a side note, it makes me wonder how many resources AF/KL must be putting into operating all these different websites for every country. Could they not just have one combined AF/KL website where you pick a language, and be done with it?

Back on point, this fee is totally rediculous. It usually drives me to book on other websites, which costs KLM a travel agent commission. I like the convenience of booking with a credit card, but more importantly, I enjoy the protection in case of issues down the road (for example, my colleague who booked a Malev ticket with iDeal and wasn't able to recoup those costs when the airline went bankrupt, vs. those who used credit cards and could get refunds that way). I appreciate that credit card companies charge fees, but it's 2012 and KLM needs to wake up.