FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice - AMEX changes terms and I caught them
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:33 pm
deltaflyer007

Need advice - AMEX changes terms and I caught them

My first post to FlyerTalk! Woot!

I have been a long time anonymous reader but I finally signed up because I need your [collective] help.

In February, I signed up for the personal AMEX PR card with the 25K bonus if I spent $2K in 3 months. I got an email offer and still have it.

I decided I wanted a human to sign me up so I called the 800 number and talked with a nice person. BTW, the whole call was recorded by AMEX with the annoying beep every 5 seconds. Anyway, I gave her the offer code from the email and she repeated back the offer to me. Everything went smoothly and I got the cards in about a week.

Fast forward 3 months. I spent the $2K as required and no points appear in my account. I called the MR 800 number and they said it might take 6-8 weeks to post to the account. I wait the 8 weeks and nothing.

I call again. They say now I didn't ever qualify for the 25K points and that I really qualified for 10K points which showed up in my account a few days ago. I told them twice on the phone and twice through the AMEX messaging that I have the email proof that I got the offer and that the agent repeated it back to me verbatim when I signed up. They said every time that they will have to look into it and will get back to me in 7 days. It has now been over a week.

What should I do at this point?