FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta IFE Commercials...
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:05 pm
ATL787

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by Ti22
Tcon (738) today, no new safety video yet but they've added a significant stream of Lincoln, Mazda and other ads before they allow you to view "My Flight" moving map.

Definitely a new tactic - starting to annoy me to the point of perhaps fabricating a blind to stick over the dang thing? Maybe a simple paper thing printed up with my own messaging? Hmm?

Seriously, between all of these various videos it's quite a while before you're given control of the IFE. I just really want the map but now it takes a very long time to bring it up.

Got news for you Delta - 'not buying a car while sitting on your plane! That and the fact that you can't shut the screen off during these presentations (safety video obviously excepted) kinda makes me feel insulted and preyed on? Not sure that's the message to be sending, is it?
God forbid you have to look at an ad in order to get to a map that shows you where you are, flying 32,000 feet above the earth at 8-10 times the legal speed limit of our government highways.

In a highly over-advertised world, I'm sorry you haven't acquired the ability to tune the never-ending ads out, yet (like the multiple ads surrounding this flyertalk thread that you happen to be reading at this moment).

Perhaps, we should just take away the map from your flights so you can look out the window and try to guess where you are. (I may or may not work for an airline)