Old Jun 5, 12, 9:57 am
chollie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I would really really like to think that the TSO who allegedly 'blew the whistle' was a 'secret shopper'.

Perhaps if every TSO suspected every other TSO of watching and being ready to 'see something, say something', we'd start to see a bit of self-policing in the ranks.

The discipline on this should go all the way to the top. It would also be interesting to see how the actual numbers fall out after 6 months - sounds like a real house-cleaning now, but not so impressive if those fired are reinstated (like the BUF BDO was) and those who are suspended successfully challenge their suspensions. I wonder how many of the HNL workers are still on the job. One of them was a manager who was previously fired. He was a supervisor when he was originally fired. He sued and was rehired as a manager and given $500k back pay. Others who successfully appealed their firings included (no surprise) two supervisors and a lead - guess the buck doesn't really stop at the top with TSA.

In the meantime, I wonder what it is costing taxpayers to cover bringing in screeners from other airports to cover the shortage of workers? If I read it correctly, none of the suspended workers are suspended immediately - they have time to challenge (successfully) their suspensions. Also not clear is whether or not these suspensions are with or without pay.

Last edited by chollie; Jun 5, 12 at 10:06 am