FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond or Zirconia
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:20 pm
Radiant Flyer
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nhwiki
Quick question about other folks' diamond experience.

A three day stay at the Wall Street Andaz where I was initially offered a regular room on the lowest floor (not even close to my profile), and it seemed like I was asking for the best suite in the house when I asked for something, anything a little better than that. (They had plenty of availabilty of other rooms online for the duration of my stay).

Anyone get the sense that in general, Hyatt is getting a little stingier with some of us "lower level" diamonds; are they paying closer attention?

I
FYI: The Andaz Wall Street has downgraded all Diamonds, the property is on a downgrade all together. in 2011 I spent a total of 30 nights at this hotel 10 of those in the Buttonwood Suite. I've stayed at this hotel since it open and there are downgrades all over the place, from the complimentary snacks and beverages to no more Diamond Breakfast VIA room service and service such as housekeeping and food and beverage has fallen to disappointing levels. This used to be my to go to Hyatt hotel in NYC but it has tumbled to the NOT TO GO TO HYATT. I've been working on a review of my last 3 stays here since April, I want to do a fair review which I will post soon. I hand several friends who work in the area and all of them says the Andaz Wall Street is not so Andazie!

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jun 4, 2012 at 11:49 pm