FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond or Zirconia
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:39 pm
msblueyz

We sometimes get the same feeling, although our past couple of stays we have been treated quite exquisitely, including the Grand Hyatt Kauai, and we are definitely at the bottom of the Diamond rung. I have expressed my feeling to GP's VP that there should be different recognition of status for business vs. loyal leisure travelers. For example, people who travel for work usually don't pay out of their own pockets for their stays and ride the Diamond waves by virtue of their employer or the like paying for their accommodations. Some people, like us, did reap the benefit long ago, but have been challenged to continue obtaining Diamond status now that my husband no longer travels for work. We have still maintained our loyalty to Hyatt in every destination there is a Hyatt available, often staying at a less convenient location. I totally get it, but often wonder if it would at this point be more advantageous for us to pick grander properties that cost more but offer a better level of service vs. playing the game and spending extra money just for the Diamond recognition that seems to be so inconsistent.