FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New award structure for intra-European/intra-Caribbean flights
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:57 pm
Richelieu

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
This is utterly ridiculous and in truth rather scandalous. Now the cheapest business class award within Europe is THREE TIMES the economy award in miles! These are totally unrealistic levels. So now, CDG-LHR return in business class will cost you an absurd 60,000 miles with AF while it costs you 18,000 on BA with a less miserable service! If we are talking of ATH or TLV, this becomes 90,000 miles return -- or if you need to book flex awards, a toxic 180,000 miles!!!!!!!!!! This is also done without any notice to passengers which I personally find extremely shocking. Very unhappy
Where did you get this? I certainly didn't see that in the presse release? Did I miss something?

Le nombre minimum de Miles nécessaires pour la réservation d’un billet Prime Classic reste inchangé.
Le nombre de Miles requis pour la réservation d’autres billets primes a été réévalué pour refléter un choix de réservation plus large et plus flexible, et tenir compte de la surcharge carburant.
They told "unchanged" for class award. I thought they were speaking about an increased charge for the "increased inventory" award tickets, not that classic awards were going the way of the dodo and only "increased inventory" at higher prices would appear.

Where is the new chart? If this is a glitch, this is very poor execution of what would have been a good idea, if this is by design...