FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge options at Zurich airport
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:49 am
PaulRO

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Consistency of Air France lounge in ZRH

Originally Posted by chinhk
Have been to the Air France lounge before it nothing special.
I find that the quality of several lounges in ZRH (at least the 5 LX ones I use: Arrivals, F, SEN A, SEN D and Biz in A) depends on the staff, and how one treats them. They are often prickly on top but thoroughly charmable and charming below.

The AF lounge is much less quixotic. Its staff - from the lowliest to the weekend-helping-out manager - are consistently moaning and verging on the surly, like we owe them a living. I often wonder if these people commute in from Paris every morning, such is their rudeness or disdain for clients.

Similarly, the IT facilities are consistently far beyond a slight such as 'unreliable'. One can count on at least one, if not all three, terminals to be down. When one is up, one finds that access to many sites is unavailable.

The staff are sincerely consistent in what they do with any comment or request on this shameful state of IT affairs. Spoken or written requests, polite or frustrated, are all dealt with with the same degree of total disregard and complete inaction.

Yes, you know where you are in the AF lounge in ZRH.