FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SN501:BRU-JFK, innaugurationflight 01JUN2012
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:36 am
Bralo20

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by oliverckhaas
Awesome report and thanks for sharing!

I have been dying to get an update from the inaugural flight and a first-hand review of the new interior. From your report, SN's new inflight looks very promising and, coupled with incredible service, this really will become one of the prime options for crossing the Atlantic.

I am booked on JFK-NBO with SN leaving on Thursday and I cannot wait for the flight.

Thanks for wetting my appetite
You won't regret choosing SN at all! At first I only wanted to fly with SN just to be part of this "historic" flight and I didn't expect much of it. But now that I used SN long haul for the first time in my life I surely won't mind flying them in the future. If I can be sure that the 2,5 hours wait at JFK won't happen to me the next time I won't hesitate for a second to book SN. SN is truly a hidden charm on the BRU-NYC route. You'll get a awesome service, you'll get more then decent food (at least ex-BRU, don't know yet about ex-JFK), you'll get a decent seat with the newest AVOD IFE system, short, you'll be travelling with the best product on the route!

I truly hope SN succeeds, afaik the bookings are more then decent for a new player on the market, they have an average loadfactor of about 70% on average for the upcoming months which isn't to bad at all if you take into account that SN doesn't offer any connection (at the moment) on the JFK side. From next month on the flight will operate as a United Airlines codeshare and normally a Lufthansa codeshare will also be implemented so both can the load.

Well, I would say enjoy your flight on Thursday and have a great time in Kenia! One of the places that I would like to visit in the future and maybe now I will seeing that SN's product is at the top of the line.