FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does WN Recycle Business Select Boarding Positions?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 6:50 pm
ursine1

Originally Posted by AJSpark
Then I'll report it. I booked a flight about 2 months ahead of time and paid the Early Bird fee because I'd be away from an internet connection at the 24-hour window. When I printed my BP I was A42. Whaaat?? Once I was in line, I checked with the person directly across from me (A13) to see if they were AL, BS, or EB - but no, they had purchased a WGA ticket and checked in about half an hour earlier...and the person behind him (A14) - same thing. No more EB for me.
I received B20 once after purchasing EBCI. Even without issues like recycled low-A boarding positions, as more people purchase EBCI, it becomes less valuable, eventually reaching the point of worthlessness. I only buy it now when I know that I'll be unable to check in right at t-24.

I somewhat understand the system reallocating cancelled low-A positions -- although I think it's a bad idea -- but I absolutely do not understanding giving out BS positions to anyone who hasn't purchased a BS fare.