FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report from the inaugural 748i flight FRA-IAD
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:59 am
chornedsnorkack

Originally Posted by sbm12

Officially seated in Y but I spent a decent amount of time upstairs hanging out with the cool kids, too.
Do you mean flight crew or upper deck C passengers?
Originally Posted by sbm12

The seats are most definitely a new and different experience and I got to sit and lay down in them.

They are fully flat and 1.97m long when in sleep mode. This is quite a welcome change to the product for most folks. That said, they are also a bit narrower and the pairs of seats (2-2-2 on the main level and 2-2 upstairs) point in towards each other. This means the foot well space is shared by the passengers. It also means that the seats feel a bit narrower throughout. One friend I was chatting with about the seats noted that the narrower layout was a negative for him and that he preferred the older version. I can see where he’s coming from but I like the new one much better, at least so far.
Narrower compared to what?

Older 2-2-2 business seats on Airbii?
Older 2-3-2 business seats on B747-400?

Also, "fully flat"? How convenient is climbing over your neighbour´s feet to reach aisle? Like in upper deck (low ceiling and overhead bins underneath)?