FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US airways is not being fair...
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:01 pm
bouncingbug

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
US airways is not being fair...

I'm at PHL right now, at gate F5.

There's a 22 year-old young man whose flight was cancelled or delayed, and he got separated from his 2 checked bags. He's trying to get on another flight home that has 13 free seats. He's not allowed on the flight because he has 2 checked bags coming in from another flight. The agent says that they are not going to pay for his bags to be sent home (so he can get on this flight with 13 free seats). She also claims that TSA do not allow passengers to board another flight if they have checked bags (which may be true).

Now, they're telling him that they are not going to pay for his hotel. He can only take the next flight in the morning and either sleep at the airport or pay for his own hotel.

He demands to speak with her supervisor. She refuses. He demands the name of her supervisor. She gives him her own name...

I'm not sure what the proper procedures are, but this just seems grossly unfair that there was first a delay to his flight that caused him to have to change flights, and now US Airways are unwilling to let him on another flight, and are not willing to pay for his accommodation on his forced overnight. Granted I don't know the exact details of his original delay, but in any case it makes my own 3+ hours delay seem like a sunny day.

I'm glad I'm no longer a US airways frequenter (not that UA is much better these days).