FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hot towels?
Thread: Hot towels?
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2012, 5:05 am
TheAdvocate

Programs: US Dividend Miles
Originally Posted by PittDoc
Is this really the best approach when starting a 6 hour flight? After 100s of segments in F, the ~50% absence of a PDB is most often due to the attitude of the FA. Asking for one (I've done this) only aggravates the situation and draws the ire of the rest of F...like I poked a stick in the beehive.

I would love to see more consistency but have learned to keep my mouth shut and sit patiently while watching the FA munch on snacks in the galley prior to takeoff and then wait patiently after reaching cruising altitude until the FA deems we are worthy of service. That sequence is consistent.

On a more positive note, the 50% of flights with a service-oriented FA (a key success factor in my business too), the towels, drinks, snacks, etc. are delivered according to the book and with a positive attitude.
As we discussed in a different thread. US can't address a situation it doesn't know about.

No PDB? Make note of the time boarding started and all of the usual information and send it off to US. Don't be surprised if a small gesture compensation wise lands in your e-mail.

The boarding time is critical. US policy is any flight where boarding begins with less than 30 minutes to scheduled departure is considered late boarding and no PDB is required from the F/A's. This could have changed but to my knowledge it hasn't.