FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unknown person is using my points for a poor value stay
Old May 30, 2012, 2:36 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
To add insult to injury, the hotel upgraded him, based on MY platinum status.
Should make the bust/fall more dramatic.

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
Well, something odd is going on. The hotel guest returned to the hotel last night and was advised of the problem. He stated that "someone else" made the reservation for him and the person making the reservation just told him that the reservation was in my name. He went outside to call someone to straighten the matter out. He then returned a few minutes later and told the front desk that he was unable to reach the person who made the reservation for him, so he just paid for the room. 15K points are back in my account, but now I have to follow up with PC because the points back in the account should be 75K, not 15K. I sure hope he was charged for all 5 nights and NOT just the final night (which was a separate last minute reservation). My "honest mistake" theory seems less likely, since the person who made the reservation had to know that the reservation was made from my account since they advised the guest that the reservation was in my name. Looks like its time to follow up with the hotel and with PC again.
"Friend..." riiight. Just like the guy on the TV show cops when the cop found cocaine in his jeans pocket his response was, "hey man, it ain't my pants..."