FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Upgrade procedure and IT? -- email from US
Old May 30, 2012, 12:12 am
phlwookie

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by Mykle
I checked with an inside source and here's what this is all about:
- The upgrade tool will now continue to look for upgrades until 24 hours prior to departure (instead of ending at 4PM-MT two days prior)
- Fix: When two preferreds are in the same reservation, the upgrade will occur based on the Highest preferred level of the travelers. Note: Only one non-preferred person can be on the reservation. If more than one non-preferred, no upgrade will occur. Example: 2 golds + 2 no status would not get upgraded. 1 chairman, 1 gold + 1 no status would get upgraded at the chairmans window (assuming 3 First seats were available)
I view the above two as good changes.

Originally Posted by Mykle
- Codeshare flights will no longer be upgraded (example, booked as a UA flight, but flying in US metal).
Though this is unlikely to affect me, this is an important bit of news as I know some on here are accustomed to at least the US-operated UA codeshares being upgraded if they're US preferred. I guess the new behavior is what was intended all along?