FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lima Airport: Domestic arrival from Cusco to International Terminal?
Old May 29, 2012, 2:33 pm
Villavic
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
I forget to mention, or is it I now remember to remind you to make sure you have the boarding pass for the domestic flight ahead of time.
Yes, if you already have your boarding passes and your baggage checked to Cusco it should be enogh time.

However since I'm peruvian and live in Lima I'm not sure about one detail, maybe the foreign flyertalkers fellows may help. When you arrive to Lima, even if your final destiny is another peruvian city, do you have to claim your baggage to cross customs checks? like when you arrive to MIA though your destiny is DFW for example?

In that case it could take a while to wait for the baggage, but the actual check shouldn't take too long. If you are lucky yo get a green light and then you are out of customs ready to go to domestic gate. If you are not lucky and get the red light, the X-Rays line is not that long. I got twice red light and it wasnt' a long wait, even during peak hours. I guess the Lan counter could inform about this.