FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unknown person is using my points for a poor value stay
Old May 29, 2012, 11:48 am
iamthehpt

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
To answer the most recent questions, NO, I have never stayed at the hotel.

The hotel DID take down his drivers license number at registration (but not address or other information) and did try to run his credit card for the $25 temporary hold, but the CC was declined. The hotel then asked him if he just wanted them to run the credit card on file and he said yes (I have a REAL problem with this -- even in cases where I agree to use my points to book a room for friends or family, I do NOT agree to let them charge incidentals to my credit card without MY consent.)

For those who have insisted I file criminal charges, I was advised by Houston PD that I cannot do so, as I am NOT the victim (since PC has agreed to give me my points back, I will suffer no loss -- the hotel or PC would have to file the complaint).

I do not know HOW he paid for the room -- don't know if one of his credit cards magically worked or whether he paid cash.

I have done an reverse search on the email address to which mine was changed and can only ascertain that it is based in Mountain View, CA from a Mountain View, CA IP address.

While I was NOT impressed with the hotel's response of "file a fraud complaint with PC" when I called on Sunday morning to advise them of the first 4 nights fraudulent booking, I was VERY impressed with the hotel's response to my Monday afternoon call regarding the 5th fraudulent night. Clearly, the hotel response varied depending on who was manning the front desk.