FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012, 4:46 pm
Yul_voyager

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Quality Hotel Axel Opera

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-paris-france-FR458

Booked 2 nights here on points (8k / night).
First problem at check-in, I had canceled and rebook my reservation as the fare jumped from 16k to 8k, but they believed I just canceled. So I had to send them my confirmation and they looked on the choice system and finally saw that I had a valid reservation. The problem is they only had a base floor room or a 2 single beds room (not the best when you travel in Paris with your GF).
So I took the base floor room. The room was not very big (as it is generally the case in Paris) but fine. Bed was ok. There were a free bottle and water and candies in the room and an in-room dining menu. However as it was the base floor room there was very few natural light, no view at all, and the window is closed to air-co units. The bathroom was quite big (for Paris) but not very comfortable (I flood all the room once, as it was an accessible bathroom, the shower is at the same level as the floor). Nothing exciting with bath products.
So advise if you stay here : call the hotel some days before coming and ask for a high floor room.
The (free) breakfast was quite good : lots of viénnoiseries, cereals, yogurts... However the breakfast room is too small and sometimes you have to wait for a free table.
The hotel also propose to take a free lunch bag with a simple sandwich, a fruit and a bottle of water, and offers a free glass of wine at arrival.

Conclusion : above average, but better to check if everything ok before arrival (as they seem to have some problem with choice system). Definitely worth 8k points, but maybe not 25k...