FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A couple of quick items from my last two BR flights
Old May 28, 2012, 4:22 am
jimbo99

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Sorry to hijack your thread...

I feel it only fair to balance this by reporting an "aberration" on a recent BR flight.

It was HKG-TPE and flights were late. In the Virgin Clubhouse they offered to move me forward to an earlier flight which I accepted. I was with Ms Jimbo.

We boarded.. it was a "deluxe in the nose" combi 744. I was in 22H, Ms Jimbo 22K. They sell these seats as Economy.

We sat at the gate for about 30 minutes before an announcement that we could be another hour or so. So they would do the meal service on the ground.

During this time I was surprised that there was no "diamond greeting", particularly has they had time to kill. The purser seemed to home in on a couple of other pax, giving them plenty of attention. I believe one was a colleague. Other FAs milled around without much to do before retreating to the galley. Ms Jimbo became increasingly annoyed, so I left my diamond card on the arm rest, glinting away at passers-by.

When it came to the meal service, the deputy purser just plonked my meal (no choice on HKG-TPE Economy) on my table with a comment in Chinese and then served Ms Jimbo. Ms Jimbo then said to her "he doesn't speak Chinese" to which she replied (in Chinese) "its been a long day and I'm too lazy to speak English now". This was not meant as a joke. She then continued down the aisle.

None of the usual Diamond stuff, using my name, serving my meal first, helping me get off. Or any particular concern that I would be arriving in TPE very late. It could be they crew didn't have my status on the list (and didn't notice the card) - but that still doesn't excuse the rudeness.

I should have reported it on the comment form, but regrettably never got around to it.