FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion
View Single Post
Old May 27, 12, 4:16 pm
miniliq

Programs: UA life gold, UA/CO life Presidents/United Club since 1965; Marriott life titanium, HH diamond
Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
BTW, my fiancee and I are now making final preparations to depart to St. Maarten (SXM) early tomorrow morning via connections at DFW and MIA. Yep, we're talkin' AA here with upgrades already secured on the mainline 738 segments. We are off on yet another "bare boat" sailing adventure via a 46 foot catamaran from St. Maarten (actually the French side of the island, St. Martin) to St. Barts and Anguilla. And for the first time, I'm going to attempt to put together a trip report concerning our journey complete with photos of landing jet aircraft low over the beach at SXM! So stay tuned!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend as well!
Have a great trip -- hope your flight doesn't confuse the runways with AXA (remember some earlier posts). In St. Martin there's a great liquor store in downtown Marigot called Great Selections -- I call it great because I found about 50 miniature hard-to- find cognacs/armagnacs -- the owner makes a few trips per year to Paris to do his buying -- so if you want some high-end cognac or armagnac to drink a toast on your boat -- don't say I didn't give you a tip!