FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2012, 10:20 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Ah... it's good to see the old gang back at it! Indeed, it warms the cockles of my heart, what ever "cockles" are...

1.) What airport currently provides the longest runway in the U.S.?

Right on, miniliq, but that would be inclusive of U.S. Air Force bases as well. DIA's is the longest in North America at 16000 feet.

2.) What U.S. airline once provided "Ocean to Ocean" service?

cs57 is correct. It was United and a fine service it was, too. Much nicer than that low budget imitation they call PS these days.

3.) Which two airlines operated IL-62s between New York and Montreal?

Per my OAGs, it was CSA and LOT. I don't show any Aeroflot service on this route, but that's not to say it never was. Do you have any further info. on Aeroflot's service, WHBM?

4.) What was the only Mexican airline to operate the BAC-111?

Hmm... I never heard of Aerotaxi Monse, jlemon. But I Googled it and by golly, there it was. Make that "What TWO Mexican airlines..." The other was SARO, of which I have a postcard. Good call.

5.) What was the only Mexican airline to operate the A310?

Correct again, Mr. Lemon! It was Aero Cancun.

6.) What South American airline(s) flew the L-1011?

As ever, WHBM has provided us not only with the correct answer but some great color commentary as well. Thank you!

7.) What Caribbean airline branded its jets as “Fiesta Jets”? What kind of jets were they?

Alas cs57, it was not BWIA 727s. I believe those were called "Sunjets" but I'm not sure. I'll leave this one out there...

8.) Name three Colombian operators of the Boeing 720B

miniliq is correct with Avianca, SAM Colombia and Aerocondor.