FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Camaro SS Conv vs Mustang Conv Trunk Space
Old May 24, 2012, 11:37 pm
dcline414

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by cordelli
It has half a cubic inch more space (the Camaro) which is not really that big, but most reviews say the trunk lid is so small anything of any size can't easily be put in.

I don't know if you lose space in the camaro when the top is down or not.
Just rented one a Camaro SS convertible out of ATL for 4 days. I was absolutely SHOCKED at the size of the trunk opening.

The trunk opening is exactly the size (well, with a bit of convincing) of my 21" travelpro crew 8 rollaboard. My wife and I were able to sqeeze her makeup bag, my laptop bag, and a few groceries around the rollaboard once we got it in, but that's about the limit.

DEFINITELY not possible to fit two rollaboards (or a rollaboard and large duffel) in the trunk, whether the top is up or down. There is a screen that marks off the space for the top, which would mark off how much extra space you can have if you don't plan to put the top down... except that this space is about 10" at the top of the trunk, and roughly 1' deep (front-back) and the same width a the trunk opening (maybe 2.5').

Also, I found that the driver's seat LITTERALLY touches the back seat when I found a comfortable driving position, so I doubt you could physically fit more than 3 adults in this car.

All that said, it's A LOT of fun to drive, though it only got about 16 mpg on on the highway and MUCH less on the roads.