FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transat AT unveils retrofitted jumbo jet as part of $36-million revamp
Old May 23, 2012, 9:50 pm
blackjack-21

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
B747 is enough Jumbo for me, and I'll miss them as many airlines are slowly parking them in favor of the twin engined fuel-savers. If I wanted a cruise ship I'd take a cruise, not an A380.

Haven't been on a TS A310 at all, although my wife has when they flew it from YYZ-BFS. She said the pitch on her flights was very tight, so unless they've changed it, I doubt it's 33" in the main cabin. We've both flown (years ago, granted) TS L-1011's (both models) to both LAS and LGW, and while I like those big, sturdy birds, the 30" pitch and "concrete seats" on TS made for very uncomfortable trips.

The B757, while definately not a jumbo, is still referred to as "heavy" by some airport's ATC, particularly in respect to the wake turbulance they generate for the smaller aircraft following them for landings/takeoffs, and certain airport's aprons may be off limits for their weights. But I always enjoy flights in a B757 because their powerful engines result in rocket-like takeoffs.

bj-21.