FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Lincoln MKS FWD Sedan Ride Report/Review
Old May 23, 2012, 6:51 pm
bmw745ion19s

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by dchen2
I've rented a few MKS and like the car quite a bit as well, much much better than the typical Town cars. However, I prefer the no longer available Caddy STS (occasionally they were the V8 version which is a blast) or Infiniti M37(x).

Biggest reason is the RWD layout versus the MKS's FWD layout (talk about spin city gunning it from a stop not to mention major torque steer).

I've noticed the two different 2013 facelifted MKS I rented at DTW (and 2-3 other MKSs on the lot) all being equipped with the premium pack including the 16speaker THX sound/nav/heated steering wheel/air conditioned seats versus the 2012 older version MKS at DEN which was a base model.

Too bad the 2013 interior's MyFord (MyLincoln?) touch UI is a huge step back from the 12's physical buttons.

Glad I am not the only one that dislikes the MKS. I dont care for the exterior styling and with the FWD torque steer and sloppy handling characteristics feels out of control. I also dont care for the shape of the dash. I will say the stereo and navigation system are quite nice though but Id prefer not to have to drive this one.