FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2012, 1:51 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

new DL One Bite At A Time bonus 300 miles for each $100, through end of 2012

I presume DL didn't extend the Get Ahead bonus to 6/30/12 like UA did? (I woudln't know, because it only extended for those had already qualified, I think, and I never qualified for Get Ahead at DL.)

Anyway, a couple days ago I got this email from SkyMiles Dining:
ONE BITE AT A TIME

----- BONUS -------

Announcing the One Bite at a Time Bonus—the easiest way to earn more for dining at SkyMiles® Dining restaurants! Register and you’ll earn 300 bonus miles every time you reach $100 dining and complete your reviews within 30 days.

Time is on your side. Each dollar you spend between now and December 31, 2012, will count toward your $100 milestone. Use a registered card at a café when you catch your morning coffee, pick a program pizzeria for your family movie night or select a participating sandwich shop for your lunchtime subs.
I see it under my Bonus tab when I log into SkyMiles dining. Do you?

(The upside of sorts: It's 3 extra miles/$, and thus 8 miles/$ once you're VIP. That's theoretically a teeny bit better than UA's 2 extra miles, and thus 7 miles/$. Except that DL miles are typically considered worth at least 14% (the difference between 8 and 7) less than UA miles! And the downside of sorts: This bonus being good through the end of 2012 implies there will not be any better bonuses at DL for the rest of the year.)

One more upside: Since it's based on cumulative spend, it won't be subject to the half-dollar rounding errors (to the downside) that the Get Ahead Bonus has had. (The Get Ahead Bonus adds 2 extra miles/$ separately, and thus doesn't give anything for 49 cents, only gives 1 miles for 99 cents, etc.)