FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old May 23, 2012, 12:28 pm
LarkSFO

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The above post is speaking to itself.

It won't this year.

If only the above were relevant, but it isn't relevant to this thread. The objective conclusion I've communicated about UA failing 1ks goes well beyond being merely derived from one individual's experiences.

Familiar with "short-term gains costing long-term returns" and with the limited returns from simple open short positions? Those with a true clue about finance and the operations of public companies wouldn't suggest what was suggested in the above post absent some hedging.

Can COdbaUA really afford much of a decline in revenue without ending up in bankruptcy yet again? Don't confuse pursuing an increase in revenue with a decline in revenue.

Capacity can be cut in some ways without corresponding revenue declines, and that's more of what COdbaUA seeks than what LarkSFO's post is trying to suggest.
I understand you have your opinions and your own personal experiences.

Please do not try and tell others that your experience is universal and that everyone should be dissatisfied with UA because of your personal experience. That does a disservice to anyone who may read (and give any credibility to) your opinion.

How can you in any way, shape, or form say that your comments are 'objective'? I would need some more background from you and understanding of how you believe you are in a position to make objective statements about what 'every elite' is experiencing on United since the merger.

Last edited by LarkSFO; May 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm